In This Section      

Fellowship Certificates

The School of Medicine issues certificates for successful completion of a full time fellowship of at least six months in length.

If a replacement or duplicate certificate is needed, the request must be made in writing to:

The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Attn: Office of the Registrar - Certificate Request
Edward D. Miller Research Building, Suite 147
733 North Broadway
Baltimore, MD  21205-2196

Be sure to include a check in the amount of $25 per certificate, payable to "The Johns Hopkins University" along with a cover letter that includes the following:

  1. Name at time of fellowship completion
  2. Social Security Number, if applicable
  3. Current name (if different, specify which name should appear on the certificate)
  4. Mailing address
  5. Phone number (in case any questions arise)
  6. Year fellowship completed
  7. Department for which fellow worked
  8. For a replacement certificate (such as name change, title change), return original to the Registrar's Office

Please Note:
It will take approximately six weeks to receive the replacement/duplicate certificate. If money is owed to JHU, the replacement certificate will not be released until the account is brought up-to-date.

Residency Certificates:
Residents are issued a certificate from the Medical Staff Registrar's Office of the Johns Hopkins Hospital. The phone number to call for information about the residency certificate is 410-735-7000.

If you have any questions, contact the Office of the Registrar at 410-955-3080 or by email at