I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Excellence in Diversity (EiD) Symposium
November 7, 12:00 to 6:00 PM, Turner Concourse, Miller Research Building, East Baltimore Campus
The Diversity Postdoctoral Alliance Committee (DPAC) is hosting its annual conference and cordially invites all faculty and trainees to attend this showcase of outstanding achievements of scholars from underrepresented backgrounds. This event includes plenary sessions, scientific presentations and networking opportunities. Information about registration, abstract submission and program details can be viewed on the symposium website.
Professional Development Day
November 8, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, 615 N. Wolfe St. Baltimore, MD 21205
This free, full-day conference is open to all JHU graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. Sessions covering a wide range of professional development topics (communication, leadership, life skills, mental health, career exploration and much more) will be offered in addition to free headshots, resume and cover letter reviews, and the chance to network with peers and professionals that can help you build your career. You may register for the event at this link.
Quick Links To Other Notable Events
- The Office of Institutional Equity (OIE) Now Holds Office Hours in East Baltimore
- A special School of Medicine presentation by Steve Harr, MD on moving discoveries to industry and developing careers in biotech (October 24)
- PDCO: Getting Grants and Getting Tenure (November 6)
- Excellence in Diversity (EiD) Symposium (November 7)
- University-wide Professional Development Day (November 8)
- Johns Hopkins Digital Health Day: Health Tech Frontiers (November 13)
- PDCO: Research Careers Outside of Academia (November 20)
- Registration Opens in Early November for the K-Grant Writing Workshop (December 5)
- 2019 Homewood Holiday 5k and 2.5k Relay (December 8)
- iBiology Young Scientist Series (application due December 16)
Funding & Training Opportunities
- Warren Alpert Postdoctoral Award (due November 1, but must secure JHU-SOM nomination much earlier!)
- Apply for the Postdoctoral Biodesign Training Program
- See a full list of postdoctoral funding opportunities!
Additional Hopkins Calendars & Events Listings
- Hopkins Science Calendar
- Professional Development & Career Office Events Calendar
- JHU Teaching Academy Events Listing
- JHU SOM Research Integrity Colloquia Schedule
- Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association Events
- Hopkins Biotech Network Events
- Handshake - Search for University-wide Events
- Inside Hopkins Events Listings