I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Write Winning K Awards: Registration is Open!
December 5, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Feinstone Hall
A day-long, immersive seminar on writing K award proposals will run on Thursday, December 5. A complimentary copy of The Grant Writer’s Workbook – NIH Version will be provided to each attendee. Registration is now open! This popular event fills-up quickly, so reserve your seat today! Register here.
Women in Academic Research Pathways Discussion Group: Gender Equity in Science
December 13, 2019
Postdoctoral research fellows and graduate students of the Johns Hopkins University are invited to attend a discussion group lead by Dr. Karen Fleming, who will discuss gender equity in science. Dr. Fleming is a Professor of Biophysics at Johns Hopkins University and the recipient of the 2019 Provost's Prize for Faculty Excellence in Diversity. Dr. Fleming will discuss her work with the Women Faculty Forum at Homewood, the JHU Report on Faculty Composition and the current state of gender equity in science at Hopkins, and her work on the Women of Hopkins exhibit. Register here.
New Postdoctoral Excellence in Mentoring Award: Call for 2020 Nominations
Deadline: January 15, 2020
The inaugural Postdoctoral Excellence in Mentoring Award is accepting nominations to recognize two postdoctoral fellows who have provided exceptional mentoring to fellow researchers. The two postdoctoral awardees will be honored at the 7th Annual Postdoctoral Conference in April and receive $1000 prizes. Nominations will be accepted from any Johns Hopkins University affiliate until January 15, 2020. Self-nominations are permitted. For more information, click here.
Quick Links To Other Notable Events
- The Office of Institutional Equity (OIE) Now Holds Office Hours in East Baltimore
- PDCO: Research Careers Outside of Academia (November 20)
- Registration Opens in Early November for the K-Grant Writing Workshop (December 5)
- 2019 Homewood Holiday 5k and 2.5k Relay (December 8)
- iBiology Young Scientist Series (application due December 16)
Funding & Training Opportunities
- Warren Alpert Postdoctoral Award (due November 1, but must secure JHU-SOM nomination much earlier!)
- Apply for the Postdoctoral Biodesign Training Program
- See a full list of postdoctoral funding opportunities!
Additional Hopkins Calendars & Events Listings
- Hopkins Science Calendar
- Professional Development & Career Office Events Calendar
- JHU Teaching Academy Events Listing
- JHU SOM Research Integrity Colloquia Schedule
- Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association Events
- Hopkins Biotech Network Events
- Handshake - Search for University-wide Events
- Inside Hopkins Events Listings