I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Resources for Faculty Mentors
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Science Foundation (NSF) define postdoctoral scholars as "An individual who has received a doctoral degree (or equivalent) and is engaged in a temporary and defined period of mentored advanced training to enhance the professional skills and research independence needed to pursue their chosen career path." As such, the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs aims to support both postdoctoral research fellows and their faculty mentors in the conduct and completion of productive research fellowships in a timely manner by providing services described in the following sections.
Administrative oversight of postdoctoral training policies including
- Appointments, re-appointments, termination, suspension, and leave policies
- Individual Development Plans for training and career planning for fellows
Training programs for postdocs in collaboration with campus partners
- New Postdoc Orientation (download our presentation)
- Annual Training Event: Write Winning NIH Grant Proposals (save-the-date for December 5, 2019)
- Other Upcoming Events
- Professional Development and Career Office
Support and advocacy for the work of postdoctoral research fellows
Consultation and assistance in conflict resolution for postdoc and their mentors
- Please contact us with questions, comments, and issues