Led by the Associate Dean for Graduate Biomedical Education, the Office of Graduate Biomedical Education (OGBE) promotes innovation in graduate biomedical education and supports graduate biomedical education by managing key central functions, developing and implementing initiatives to promote diversity in graduate biomedical education, and ensuring a positive learning environment for graduate students. OGBE is located within the Office of the Vice Dean for Education (OVDE), which is part of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (JHUSOM). In addition to its work with all SOM graduate programs on admissions, academic affairs, student affairs, and student diversity, OGBE includes the Center for Innovation in Graduate Biomedical Education (CIGBE), the Professional Development and Careers Office (PDCO), and the XDBio graduate program. The Office of Graduate Biomedical Education serves the needs of the graduate students throughout their education at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
The Office also works to increase diversity in the School of Medicine, organizes a Summer Internship Program for underrepresented undergraduate scientists, and works closely with the Johns Hopkins Graduate Student Association and other student groups.
Who We Are
- Associate Dean, Graduate Biomedical Education: Peter Espenshade, Ph.D., (he/him/his)
- Assistant Dean, Graduate Biomedical Education & Student Diversity: Andrea S. Young, Ph.D.,(she/her/hers)
- Director of Academic Affairs and Innovation: Arhonda Gogos, Ph.D., (she/her/hers)
- Admissions and Academic Operations Officer: Jasmine Griffin, B.S., (she/her/hers)
- Assistant Director, Student Experience & Diversity: Kristina Nance, M.S., (she/her/hers)
- Graduate Student Experience Coordinator: Sage Magness, M.A., (they/them/theirs)
- Senior Administrative Coordinator: Vanesa Tillman, A.A., (she/her/hers)