I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
SOM Convocation Ceremony
Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 2:30 p.m., Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall
Tickets are not required for the SOM convocation ceremony.
Speaker: Cori Bargmann, Ph.D.
Head of Science, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
Torsten N. Wiesel Professor, The Rockefeller University
Head, Lulu and Anthony Wang Laboratory of Neural Circuits and Behavior
Please note: The Meyerhoff does not allow balloons in the venue.
2019 ceremony video will be available on May 23, 2019.
A video of the 2018 ceremony is available here through December 2018.
University-Wide Commencement Ceremony
Thursday, May 23, 2019, 1:30 p.m., Baltimore's Royal Farms Arena
Orders for regalia must be placed by April 5, 2019
Note: Our office will work with the regalia vendor, Oak Hall, through the Barnes and Noble bookstore located on the Homewood campus. If you need to make exchanges to your order once received (i.e. cap too small, gown doesn't fit appropriately), those adjustments will be made the day of the ceremony by a representative of Barnes and Noble.
Note: Regalia ordering has closed. If you have questions, please email SomGraduation@jhmi.edu.
- Graduating Students
Regalia will be available for pick up from the Edward D. Miller Research Building, Room 181, 733 North Broadway, School of Medicine on Wednesday, May 9, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Thursday, May 10, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Please send someone to pick up the regalia for you if you are unable to attend in person.
Attendance information for both ceremonies is due to the Registrar's Office by March 29, 2019 for all candidates
- M.A., M.S. and Ph.D. Candidates - information will be mailed to your home address in early February
- M.A., M.S. and Ph.D. December Graduates
For information concerning disability accommodations, please click here.
- Alumni Office Information (including how to migrate your email; note: accounts remain active for 90 days beyond the convocation date)
- Personalized announcements
- Insurance Information after Graduation (M.D. students only)
- Lockers in Doctor's Lounge and Garrett Room (M.D. students only)
- Order a DVD of the ceremony
- Outstanding Fees and Requirements
- Photographs by GradImages
- StageClip - Your Personalized Video Clip
Additional information concerning convocation will be posted as it becomes available. If you have a question not answered by this site, contact the Registrar's Office.
Last Updated: 5/20/2019