I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Ph.D. and DDP Students
All full-time Ph.D. and DDP students must be covered by medical insurance. Students must enroll in the Student Health Program offered by the School of Medicine. Enrollment must take place within 30 days of registration. Changes in enrollment can be made during the September open enrollment period or as a result of a qualified "life event" provided application is made within 30 days of the qualifying event. Foreign or travelers insurance is not accepted.
To view the minimum standards of alternative health insurance and complete the dependents waiver form for the Student Health Program, click here.
To view the cost of the Student Health Program, click here.
Qualified life events in your family or enrollment status can include:
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Start or loss of your spouse/domestic partner’s employment
- Change in employment status (for you or your spouse/domestic partner) from part-time to full-time or from full-time to part-time
- Divorce or termination of domestic partnership
- Death of your spouse/domestic partner or other dependent
- Leave of absence or sabbatical for you or your spouse/domestic partner
All students are required to enroll in University Health Services (UHS) and pay the mandatory annual fee of $850 regardless of insurance participation. The UHS fee is paid by your program. Enrollment in University Health Services gives you unlimited access to adult primary care and adult mental health benefits at no additional fee. Spouse/domestic partner covered by the Student Health Program insurance may also access University Health Services at no additional fee.