I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Opportunities for High School, Undergraduate, Postbac Students
High School Students
Opportunities for high school students.
Summer Internship program for undergraduate students.
The Office of Student Pipeline Programs supports and partners with programs and initiatives that have a relationship with Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (JHUSOM) and serve to prepare and inspire talented high school, undergraduate, and postbaccalaureate students from communities underrepresented in medicine (UIM).
While each pipeline program and initiative has its own distinct goals for students, all strive to:
- Encourage UIM students to consider careers in medicine and/or biomedical science.
- Provide UIM students with skills training, academic, social and emotional support, mentoring, and encouragement to enhance their success.
Building Pipeline Programs for UIM Students
Numerous studies document the disparities in the quality of health and health care among different racial, ethnic and socio-economic groups. Experts agree that increasing diversity in the health care workforce is essential to effectively address these health care disparities.
JHUSOM pipeline programs and initiatives contribute to increasing diversity and inclusion within the health care workforce by aiding in the reduction of barriers and the creation of opportunities that assist UIM students in their pursuit of careers in medicine and/or biomedical science.
Overview of Services
The Office of Student Pipeline Programs:
- Registers and ensures compliance of JHUSOM pipeline programs and initiatives with Johns Hopkins University policies.
- Tracks progress of JHUSOM pipeline programs.
- Collects and shares best practices.
- Develops external outreach strategies and supporting activities.
- Facilitates resource development.
- Hosts the annual Hopkins C.A.R.E.S. Symposium