I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
SOM Convocation Ceremony
Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 2:30 p.m., Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall
Tickets are not required for the SOM convocation ceremony.
Speaker: Betsy Nabel, M.D., President of Harvard-affiliated Brigham Health, cardiologist and distinguished biomedical researcher, professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School
Please note: The Meyerhoff does not allow balloons in the venue.
A video of the ceremony will be available within 24 hours of the event. You can watch the video here when available.
University-Wide Commencement Ceremony
Thursday, May 24, 2018, 1:30 p.m., Baltimore's Royal Farms Arena
Orders for regalia must be placed by April 6, 2018
Note: Our office will work with the regalia vendor, Oak Hall, through the Barnes and Noble bookstore located on the Homewood campus. If you need to make exchanges to your order once received (i.e. cap too small, gown doesn't fit appropriately), those adjustments will be made the day of the ceremony by a representative of Barnes and Noble.
- Graduating Students
Regalia will be available for pick up from the Edward D. Miller Research Building, Room 181, 733 North Broadway, School of Medicine on Wednesday, May 9, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Thursday, May 10, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Please send someone to pick up the regalia for you if you are unable to attend in person.
Attendance information for both ceremonies is due to the Registrar's Office by April 6, 2018 for all candidates
- M.A., M.S. and Ph.D. Candidates - information was mailed to your home address in early February 2018
- M.A., M.S. and Ph.D. December Graduates
For information concerning disability accommodations, please click here.
- Alumni Office Information (including how to migrate your email)
- Personalized announcements
- Insurance Information after Graduation (M.D. students only)
- Lockers in Doctor's Lounge and Garrett Room (M.D. students only)
- Order a DVD of the ceremony
- Outstanding Fees and Requirements
- Photographs by GradImages
- StageClip - Your Personalized Video Clip
Additional information concerning convocation will be posted as it becomes available. If you have a question not answered by this site, contact the Registrar's Office.
Last Updated: 5/16/2018