The 2016 Employee Giving Campaign raised more than $25,000 to support a range of programs at Sibley! Even though the Campaign is officially over you can donate to the Foundation at any time by calling 202-537-4257 or making a gift online
Our employees give so much of their time and talents to Sibley every day to make a difference in the lives of our patients. No matter what your role here is, your personal dedication sends a powerful message to the community. Our dedicated and talented employees help make Sibley stronger and allow us to provide exceptional health care to our community. Choosing to donate to the Employee Giving Campaign says that you believe so strongly in what happens at Sibley that you are willing to support it above and beyond your everyday work by making a gift.
Employees can also honor a co-worker by making a gift in honor of their hard work and dedication to patients and families at Sibley. The honoree will be presented with a card from the President of the Sibley Foundation, informing them that you made a gift in their honor (donation amounts are not disclosed). Please note the honoree and their department on your donation form.
How to donate:
Foundation Advisory Board:
Christine Inglisa, Chair, 4 East
Kenneth Brown, Plant Operations
Matthew Brown, NICHE
Judy Cunningham, Oncology
Sharon Darby, 6 East
Gregory Gatling, Transport
Harpreet Gujral, Bariatric Services
Joel Hemphill, Clinical Operations
Michael Jones, EVS
Jessica Michie, Rehabilitation
Abigail Owusu-Appiah, Family Centered Care Unit
Miriam Reda, 2 West/Short Stay Surgery
Suzanne Schrock, Nursing Informatics
Brian Shirley, Marketing and Communications
Eric Soto, Plant Operations
Liz Tamasi, Oncology
Sharon Tucker, 4 East
Lacy Walker, Information Technology
Robin Walker, Spiritual Care
Suggestions For Where You May Donate
You can support any department or program in the hospital. A few areas that many donors choose to support include:
- Nursing Education
- Cancer patients in need
- Volunteer Services
- Sullivan Breast Center
- Frontline Leadership Academy
- Staff Training & Education
- Stroke Center
- Sibley Senior Association
- Special Care Nursery
- Each nursing unit/floor
Here are a few ideas of how you can make a difference:
- Gas cards: For $25 you can provide transportation for a cancer patient in need.
- Parking passes: For $25 you can provide a two-day parking pass for patients in need. For $100 you can help to provide a month’s worth of parking passes.
- Meal cards: For $25 you will provide a meal/snacks to caretakers of cancer patients receiving treatment.
- Volunteer uniforms: $50 will help support the volunteers by purchasing a uniform.
- Nutritional counseling session: For $100 you can provide a one hour nutritional counseling session for oncology patients.
- Club Memory: Club Memory is a program for those living with early memory and cognitive impairment and their caregivers. Gifts of $150 can provide a musical guest for a session; $250 can provide transportation to an activity; $500 allows us to add one more day of programming.
For more information contact Roopa Purohit at firstname.lastname@example.org or x4257.