Visitors and Families
Restrictions for Visitors Entering Sibley
To protect everyone on our campus from the spread of COVID-19, we are enacting a strict visitor screening and visitation policy effective March 13, 2020 until further notice.
Visitors entering Sibley will be asked to sign in and respond to the following screening questions:
- Do you have fever, cough or shortness of breath?
- Have you had close contact with someone who has COVID-19?
- Visitors who answer yes to any of the screening questions will be asked to leave the facility.
- Individuals who answer yes to any of the screening questions but who have a scheduled appointment or are seeking emergency care will be allowed to enter the facility. They will be asked to put on a face mask before entering.
- Those accompanying patients for an appointment will not be permitted to enter if they have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Upon entering the facility as well as entering and exiting patient rooms, individuals will be asked to hand wash or use hand-sanitizing gel.
- Please plan to arrive early for your appointment to allow time to complete the screening process.
- Only one adult visitor is allowed per patient.
- Visitors under the age of 18 will not be permitted.
- Visitors are not permitted in the Renaissance Skilled Nursing Facility or Grand Oaks Assisted Living Community.
- Exceptions will be made for end-of-life or compassionate care situations.
- Private caregivers may continue to provide services to patients in the Renaissance and Grand Oaks after clearing the visitor screening process.
- Patients and visitors may use the following entrances:
- Building A, Floor 1: Parking garage entrance open 24/7; Circle entrance open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Building A, Floor G (entrance to SASC and Imaging): Open 6 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Building B, Floor 1 (door at the clock tower): Open 24/7
- Building D (door at circle entrance): Open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday
Emergency Department open 24/7.
Sibley Memorial Hospital values the importance of family presence and visitation and the positive impact it has on the healing and well-being of patients. Visitation is a patient right that is balanced by the primary focus of patient care and meeting the clinical needs of all patients in the facility. Patients have the right, subject to their consent, to receive the visitors they designate — including spouses, domestic partners (including same-sex domestic partners), other family members or friends — and the right to withdraw or deny such consent at any time.
Visitation privileges shall not be restricted, limited or otherwise denied on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. All visitors designated by the patient (or representative where appropriate) enjoy visitation privileges that are no more restrictive than those that immediate family members would enjoy.
11 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Family Centered Care Unit
1:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Critical Care and Cardiac Care Units
11 a.m. – 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday: 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Weekends: 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Patient Information Desk
Volunteers at the Information Desk will provide callers who ask for you by name with your room and phone number, unless you request at the time of admission that this information be withheld. Patient condition reports are not given. Out-of-town visitors may receive information on short-term accommodations at the Information Desk.
Parking & Transportation
Parking is available at the Hospital for reasonable rates.
The D6 and M4 Metro bus and the Number 23 Ride-On bus serve Sibley. Schedules are available at the Information Desk. There is a courtesy phone in the lobby with direct lines to taxicab companies.
Windows Café, our cafeteria, is located on the ground floor to the right as you exit the elevators.
Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Pizza, Soup, & Snacks: 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Dinner: 4:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
There is a vending area open 24 hours a day adjacent to the cafeteria with snacks, beverages and light meals.
Wireless internet access is available in Windows Café. The service is free and is provided for the convenience of patients, visitors and guests.
Purée, a 100% organic, raw vegan, fresh, cold-pressed juice bar is located in the lobby of Building B.
Hours: Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
“We strongly believe, and research substantiates our belief, that nutrition is a key component of overall health and disease prevention. We strive to ensure that our patients, visitors and staff are offered healthy—and delicious—food options, not only to please their palates, but their bodies as well.” —Richard O. Davis, Ph.D., president and CEO of Sibley Memorial Hospital.
Purée's mission to source organic, local ingredients directly aligns with Sibley's commitment to helping our community maintain a healthy and green lifestyle.
Au Bon Pain
Au Bon Pain is located at the garage entrance of Building A.
Hours: Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
An ATM machine is located in Building C, Level 1 opposite the elevator and on the main floor to the right of the elevators.
Smoking: Tobacco-Free Campus
To promote the health and safety of patients, staff and visitors, Sibley Memorial Hospital is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking is not permitted in any area of the hospital or on the grounds. Medical treatment for nicotine addiction may be available through your physician.
Smoking cessation information:
DC Tobacco Free Families: 1-800-QUIT-NOW
American Lung Association: 1-800-586-4872