Sibley Memorial Hospital is decidedly a community institution, but one with a strong academic affiliation. Nursing at Sibley reflects these two worlds; our nurses actively participate in and lead research studies, help shape the patient experience and improve standards of practice across the hospital.
Learn more about the many great initiatives nursing undertook last year in our 2017 Nursing Annual Report.
As healthcare transforms, the role of nurses at Sibley is evolving as well. Some of the exciting new developments include:
- Participation in a number of Sibley-specific and national nursing award and recognition programs, including the DAISY Award
- Creating enhanced academic collaboration that fosters a culture of innovation and learning with our sister and nearby organizations
- Involvement with the American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC), towards the goal of joining the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program® and Pathway to Excellence Program®
- Nurse residency program for recent nursing school graduates
- Externships for Sibley nurses allow for our staff to gain firsthand experience in other healthcare environments and incorporate best practices into our organization
Read more about our three-year nursing strategic plan.