As a result of an overabundance of caution due to COVID-19, our office will be closed until further notice. We are working remotely. We will be mailing new membership cards on a regular basis. Please call our office number 202-364-7602. We will explain the logistics. If you need resources for coping with COVID-19, please let us now. We will be happy to provide additional information. Take Care. Be Safe.
Sibley Hospital Webinar: Caring for Mind and Body During COVID-19
Thursday, June 25 | 3 to 4 p.m.
Join us for a conversation on dealing with depression, isolation, and grief. Hear from the Department of Parks and Recreation on summer offerings for kids and families.
Please join us by visiting this link between 2:50 and 2:55 p.m. on Thursday, June 25: https://jhjhm.zoom.us/j/93305424252 or call 1-646-558-8656 to listen to the webinar on the phone.
Webinar ID: 933 0542 4252
SSA Aging on Your Terms Conference Webinar
Session 6 – Friday, June 26 | 3 to 4 p.m.
Topic: Building Resilience During Covid-19
Sometimes things get overwhelming, particularly during this challenging time in our country. Think of resilience as the ability to bounce back when faced with something difficult. This webinar will explain resilience, why we need it, and how we can tap into what we have already and gain new strength. We can also find ways to build new sources of resilience. Discover insights into how we may grow and thrive during trying times.
Monica Miklos, MSW, Director, Care Management Program, Seabury Resources for Aging
Reverend Carolyn Richar, RN, MDiv, CHPNChief Mission Officer, Capital Caring Health
Sponsors: Capital Caring Health and Seabury Resources for Aging
Please join us by visiting this link between 2:50 and 2:55 p.m. on Friday, June 26: https://jhjhm.zoom.us/j/93831901833?pwd=c21DNDRDa1gxTGpISExBRnExQWpjZz09
Call 301-715-8592 (enter meeting ID: 938 3190 1833 and Password: 274067) to listen to the presentation on the phone.
We are here to support you. The Sibley Senior Association (SSA) office is closed in response to COVID-19 and we are working remotely to continue to provide you with timely information and resources. Call 202-364-7602 for more information.
A Wellness Program for Those Over Fifty
If you are 50 years or older, Sibley Memorial Hospital invites you to become a member of an association that will help you maintain your good health. We have over 7,000 members.
The annual fee for new members is $20 for one person or $38 for two people at the same address. In addition to offering an annual primary membership for $20, we now offer a multi-year option to new members and renewing members. There are similar discounts for associate members living at the same address.
- 3 year primary membership $55 (savings of $5)
- 5 year primary membership $85 (savings of $15)
- 10 year primary membership $ 165 (savings of $35)
As a Sibley Senior Association Member, you will receive:
- A 50 percent discount in our parking garage
- The Sibley Senior Association quarterly newsletter, which lists all of our seminars, classes and events
- A 10 percent discount on gift items in the Serenity gift shop, located on the first floor of the Sibley Medical Building
- A 15 percent discount at Au Bon Pain in the Sibley Medical Building
- A 10 percent discount on over-the-counter items at Foer’s Pharmacy in the Sibley Medical Building
- A $1 per hour discount on the hourly rate at Potomac Home Support, which provides homemaker/housekeeper services, sitters/companions, live-in and certified home care aids and transportation assistance
- A 15 percent discount at Jake's American Grill restaurant at lunch, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday (5018 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, DC). Show your green membership card to the cashier.
- Discounted newspaper - SSA Members may purchase the Washington Post weekly edition at Centre Sibley for $1.50 (regular price is $2.00). Centre Sibley is in Building B near the front desk and juice bar.
Support Groups and Classes
- Support groups
- Exercise classes
- AARP Smart Driver course
- Access to our spousal bereavement program Widowed Persons Outreach: Helping and Healing
- Access to Club Memory, a supportive social group for people with mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and early stage dementia and their care partners
- One free guest meal for a visitor if you are hospitalized at Sibley
- Help from Sibley professionals, including a free consultation with Sibley pharmacists
Sibley Senior Newsletter
The quarterly publication of Sibley Senior is available. Download the newsletter and read more about our support groups, special programs and activities, Widowed Persons Outreach and exercise classes, and access the full Sibley Senior Association event calendar.
Do you have a friend 50 years or older? Give them a membership to the Sibley Senior Association.Learn more
Sibley Memorial Hospital
Attention: Sibley Senior Association
5255 Loughboro Road, N.W.
Washington, DC 20016
If you are sending a check for membership or any classes or events, please make checks payable to Sibley Memorial Hospital and mail to our address above.
The Sibley Senior Association office recently moved back to the first floor of the Renaissance Building. The office is staffed between 9 a.m. and noon and 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. for photo IDs.