Our exercise classes were originally designed for Sibley Senior Association members, and we have noticed many non-members are also attending. While we welcome non-members to attend, we recognize it does take time away from paying members. In order to process your request, there is a quarterly administrative handling fee in the amount of $10 for non-members to attend SSA classes. Non-members may attend as many classes as desired during the quarter.
Please read the class schedule carefully for class locations.
- Classes will be meeting in off-campus locations. If in doubt, please call the SSA Office for information.
- Payment must be received before your first day in class.
- Call 202-364-7602 to register for your desired class as soon as possible.
- For new students only: Late registrations are accepted the first three weeks of class (on all courses except Tai Chi).
- No refunds after your first week in class.
- Make check payable to Sibley Hospital, and mail to the Sibley Senior Association, or call 202-364-7602 to have your payment processed over the phone with a credit card.
- Register on line by visiting Sibley.org, click on community health tab, scroll down to exercise classes.
- Always check with your doctor before starting a new exercise regimen.
- Exercise classes must meet minimum numbers to start.
- If DC Schools are closed due to snow, the classes at MMUMC and Palisades Church will be cancelled.
- For more information, call the SSA Office at 202-364-7602.
Meeting at Metropolitan Memorial United Methodist Church (MMUMC), 3401 Nebraska Avenue, NW
Total Body Workout with Carolyn
Strength and Balance with Howard
Tues. and Thursdays. The winter session on Tues. runs from January 8 through March 28, 2019. This is a 12 week class. Tues. and Thurs. from 10 to 11 a.m. at MMUMC. Cost: $120 for one day a week or $210 for two days per week. The winter session begins on January 8 and runs through March 28, 2019. No mat work. Late registrants are welcome for new students ($12 a class if once per week or $22 for two sessions per week for late registrants). Please call the SSA office (202-364-7602) at your earliest convenience to register and pay.
Meeting at Mazza Gallerie
Tues. and Thurs., ongoing; arrive anytime between 8:30 and 9:30 a.m. Members walk in a temperature-controlled, safe and dry environment. Free blood pressure checks are provided. Cancellations for bad weather follow the Montgomery County school closure schedule (Walking Club is cancelled if school is cancelled or delayed). The Walking Club is a free community service sponsored by Sibley Hospital and Mazza Gallerie. Meets at 5300 Wisconsin Avenue, N.W., DC - concourse level. Free parking in the underground structure. If you drive to Mazza Gallerie, please pull the ticket and bring it with you to get it validated at the Walking Club.
Fourth Quarter Classes with Jeffrey Robbins – Palisades Community Church - 5200 Cathedral Avenue, NW DC – near MacArthur Boulevard. Street parking is available.
Qigong with Jeffrey Robbins
Qigong, part of traditional Chinese medicine, concentrates on body structure (correct spine alignment), meditation (to calm the mind and relax the body) and correct breathing (to increase oxygen intake and toxin expulsion). 12-week class. $175 for the session (or $18 per class). Tues., 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The winter session begins on January 8 and runs through March 26, 2019. 12 week class at the Palisades Community Church. Late registrants are welcome for new students. Please call the SSA office (202-364-7602) at your earliest convenience to register and pay. Advance registration and payment required.
Beginning and Intermediate Tai Chi with Jeffrey Robbins
Body Awakening with Jeffrey Robbins
Body Awakening uses slow, easy to learn, nonimpact movements derived from the martial arts to improve respiratory and balance functions of the body while addressing each student's individual health issues. 12-week class $175 for the session (or $18 per class). Weds., 1:15 to 2:15 p.m. The winter session begins on January 9 through March 27, 2019 at the Palisades Community Church. Late registrants welcome for new students. Please call the SSA office (202-364-7602) at your earliest convenience to register and pay. Advance registration and payment required.