Washington, D.C. -- Sibley Memorial Hospital was once again voted "Reader's Pick, Best Hospital for Maternity" by Bethesda Magazine readers in its annual "Best of Bethesda 2019" edition. About 13,000 people voted to determine the rankings. In 2018, 4,153 babies were delivered at Sibley; the most in Sibley's history!
With the 2016 relocation of the Women’s and Infants’ Services (WIS) Department to two floors in Sibley’s patient tower, moms-to-be receive a special birthing experience that combines exceptional comfort and amenities with the latest medical technology. Among the features designed to address the needs of moms, babies and families and give staff and doctors the ability to provide state-of-the-art care are:
- 18 labor, delivery and recovery rooms
- Three spacious C-section rooms
- 50 large postpartum rooms, each with a sleep sofa, a 55” HD TV and individual temperature control
- 18 private special care nursery rooms, including six rooms for twins
- Dedicated lactation area
- Johns Hopkins Medicine Maternal Fetal Medicine Services for high-risk pregnancies
- Advanced infant security system
- In-room medication access via Pyxis supply
- Mobile fetal monitoring and central fetal monitoring in the Silberman Family Special Care Nursery
Learn more at SibleyBaby.org.
About Sibley Memorial Hospital
Sibley Memorial Hospital, a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine, in Northwest Washington, D.C., has a distinguished 127-year history of serving the community. As a not-for-profit, full-service, community hospital, Sibley offers medical, surgical, intensive care, obstetric, oncology, orthopaedic and skilled nursing inpatient services and a state-of-the-art 24-hour Emergency Department. Sibley’s campus, with its new patient tower, is also home to the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, Grand Oaks, an assisted living residence, a medical building with physician offices as well as ambulatory surgery and imaging centers. Every day, Sibley fulfills its mission to deliver excellence and compassionate care – every person, every time. Learn more about Sibley at www.Sibley.org.