WHAT: 2017 Aging on Your Terms Conference
Sponsored by Sibley Senior Association
Sibley Senior Association's 2017 conference combines the annual Aging in Place/Community conference and its 5th annual Sex and Aging conference.
Expert panelists will lead discussions and answer questions.
Saturday, Sept. 16, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
(doors open at 8:30 a.m.)
Sibley Memorial Hospital
Building A, Floor 1, Conference Rooms 1&2
5215 Loughboro Road, NW
Morning Session: Aging in the Community Setting
Afternoon Session: Aging, Dating and Sex
- Villages: An Explanation and Exploration by Stephanie Chong, M.S.W.
- Alternative Living Arrangements at Home or in a Community by MaryAnn Griffin, M.S.W.
- Right Sizing Your Life by Beckyanne Theriot, SMM-C, CRTS, B.I.S. in Gerontology
- Sex, Dating and Marriage for 50 and Beyond by Sue Milstein, Ph.D.
Registration is available for the morning track ($25): Aging in Community; afternoon track ($25): Aging, Dating, and Sex; and all-day conference ($45). All registration options include a light lunch and parking.
Space is limited. Register at 202-364-7602.
- Not Your Mother’s Menopause by Sharon Malone, M.D.
- LGBTQ–Sex and Aging in the New Millennium by Bianca Palmisano
- Men’s Health–What Men Need to Know by Kevin Billups, M.D.
About Sibley Memorial Hospital: Sibley Memorial Hospital, a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine, in Northwest Washington, D.C., has a distinguished history of serving the community since its founding in 1890. As a not-for-profit, full-service, 318-bed community hospital, Sibley offers medical, surgical, intensive care, obstetric, oncology, orthopaedic and skilled nursing inpatient services and a state-of-the-art 24-hour Emergency Department. Sibley’s campus, with its new patient tower, is also home to the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, Grand Oaks, an assisted living residence, a medical building with physician offices as well as ambulatory surgery and imaging centers. For more information, visitSibley.org.