I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
World-renowned for its medical research and advances, Johns Hopkins Medicine includes a variety of Core Facilities. Designed to encourage and enable cutting-edge research in the areas of basic science, genetics, medicine and others, these facilities enable our investigators to advance their research projects to provide better medical treatments for a wide variety of health concerns.
There is one centralized system, JHU/iLab portal designed to assist researchers in navigating the multiple resources available at Johns Hopkins University. This system includes core facilities from the Bloomberg School of Public Health, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, School of Medicine, and Whiting School of Engineering. Core facilities are being added to the iLab program in phases, with the goal of all cores having a presence in this centralized portal. Not all cores will provide ordering functionality through iLab, but all will be included in the portfolio of core facilities, providing equipment and services to our investigators. Information on making requests from those facilities not participating in the iLab program will be provided on the information page for each core facility.
Grants and Publications: The use of data generated in a core facility in a grant application, progress report or publication requires that the principal investigator or authors will acknowledge the use of the core facility. Many core facilities are supported by federal agencies, and acknowledgement is tracked for mandatory progress reporting and continued support. Please ask the core facility to provide you with the identifier it uses to track grants and publications.
Authorship: If core personnel provide significant intellectual input to the results submitted for publication, then it is reasonable and appropriate to include them as co-authors. Since circumstances vary greatly, the Association of Biomolecular Resource Facilities provides recommended guidelines for authorship on manuscripts.
How to register in iLab
Johns Hopkins Investigators
iLab Solutions is fully integrated with SAP and JHED, but registration for an iLab account is required to search for and order services in these cores. To register for an account:
- Go to the JHU/iLab Portal, https://johnshopkins.corefacilities.org, and log in with your JHED ID and password.
- Upon successful authentication, you will be prompted to enter your name and select your principal investigator from a drop-down menu.
- Submit the completed registration request. Your submission will automatically notify the principal investigator and/or manager of your lab membership request. The principal investigator or manager will have to log on to iLab and approve your request.
- Once approved, you will need to have your principal investigator or manager assign you to specific IO number(s) to use when requesting services.
To order services from our core facilities, external customers need to register for an account. This is a one-time setup procedure; external customers can reuse the same account number for future billings and multiple P/O.
- To register for an external customer account, go to the JHU/iLab Portal, https://johnshopkins.corefacilities.org.
- Complete and submit the registration form.
- We will set up your external customer account details.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com with the login (email address) and password (iLab generated).
Find a Research Collaborator
Looking for a research partner? Try Pure, a free community portal that allows you to search through Johns Hopkins faculty.