The Systems neurobiology Laboratory is a group of laboratories that all study various aspects o...f neurobiology. These laboratories include: (1) computational neurobiology Laboratory: The goal of their research is to build bridges between brain levels from the biophysical properties of synapses to the function of neural systems.
(2) computational Principles of Natural Sensory Processing: Research in this lab focuses on the computational principles of how the brain processes information.
(3) Laboratory for Cognitive neuroscience: This laboratory studies the neural and genetic underpinnings of language and cognition.
(4) Sloan-Swartz Center for Theoretical neurobiology: The goal of this laboratory is develop a theoretical infrastructure for modern experimental neurobiology.
(5) Organization and development of visual cortex: This laboratory is studying the organization and function of neural circuits in the visual cortex to understand how specific neural components enable visual perception and to elucidate the basic neural mechanisms that underlie cortical function.
(6) Neural mechanism of selective visual attention: This laboratory studies the neural mechanisms of selective visual attention at the level of the individual neuron and cortical circuit, and relates these findings to perception and conscious awareness.
(7) Neural basis of vision: This laboratory studies how sensory signals in the brain become integrated to form neuronal representation of the objects that people see.
Research Areas: cognition
, systems biology