I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Transverse Myelitis Research
People living with neuroimmunologic disorders suffer greatly with pain and paralysis, a burden that’s particularly devastating for children.
So far, treatments to halt the immune attack on the nervous system have been only partially effective, with medications that slow the process of degeneration, but that fail to prevent the same eventual outcome.
In service to these patients, Project RESTORE was created to revolutionize the treatment of neuroimmunologic diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS) and transverse myelitis (TM).
- The goals of the project are to:
- REcover function from illness and acute attacks
- STOp progression of disease and disability
- REgenerate nerve cells and myelin.
Our clinician-scientists are taking on the challenges of new diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for treatment. Project RESTORE funds innovative and promising projects with an emphasis on collaboration as a catalyst for meaningful advancements.
- Neuromyelitis optica (NMO) research
- Vitamin D and TM
- Depression, neuroinflammation and TM
- Gait disorders and TM
- Spinal cord neuroimaging for diagnosis and follow-up of TM
- CSF and blood biomarkers in TM
- Neuropathology studies in TM
Sign Up for Fundamentals
Stay up-to-date with the latest research findings from the Institute for Basic Biomedical Sciences.