Our goal is to provide cutting-edge evaluation of diseases affecting blood vessels of the head and neck, including atherosclerosis, dissections, vasculitis, aneurysms, vascular malformations, connective tissue disorders, and cerebral microvascular disease to:
- Reach diagnoses not achievable using standard radiological imaging,
- Facilitate the best treatment strategy, and
- Advance our understanding about these disease processes.
We have developed imaging tools that allow us to look beyond the narrowing of a blood vessel to identify and characterize the disease that is causing the narrowing.
Our lab is dedicated to the analysis of clinical exams using these advanced imaging techniques. We also analyze large population-based studies using these tools implemented at multiple centers to investigate:
- Risk factors for vascular disease, in particular, atherosclerosis
- Imaging features of atherosclerotic plaque that enable us to identify those at highest risk and those who might benefit from specific treatment strategies.
Contact UsThe Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe St.
Baltimore, MD 21287
- Get a second opinion
- Refer a patient
- Postdoctoral fellowship program