Study Title: Evaluation of 18F DCFPYL PET-CT for the Assessment of Metastatic Hemangiosarcoma or Prostate Cancer
Current Status: Open and enrolling
Principle Investigators: Rebecca A. Krimins, D.V.M., M.S., email@example.com
Selection of Participants
Any dog of any breed will be eligible. Eligible dogs will have undergone a thorough medical workup at their local veterinary hospital. Results from medical records, radiographs, ultrasounds, complete blood counts, serum chemistries, urinalyses and histopathology of the lesion will be used to determine if a dog is eligible for this trial. In addition, each pet owner must sign an informed consent form in order for his/her dog to participate in the clinical trial.
Participating dogs should meet the following criteria:
- Any dog suspected of having hemangiosarcoma or prostate cancer that can safely undergo one-hour of general anesthesia.
- Inclusion criteria include medical history, radiographs of chest, abdominal ultrasound, complete lab work (CBC, biochemistry profile, urinalysis).
- The patient will have undergone a thorough workup at their local veterinary hospital.
- After confirmation of suspect hemangiosarcoma or prostate cancer, the study will provide a PET-CT scan (whole body) to determine the patient's burden of metastatic cancer.
- This trial involves a diagnostic test only.
Cost of Studies
Fully funded after initial screening