I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Exams and Procedures
Please click the following links to learn about your procedure and how to prepare. Learn more about our general guidelines for food and drink preparation for some exams using anesthesia.
- Barium enema
- Barium swallow (cine esophagram)
- Bone density scan (DEXA)
- Bone scan
- Breast biopsy
- Computed tomography (CT scan)
- CT angiography (CTA)
- Functional MRI (fMRI)
- Gallbladder scan
- Liver scan
- Lumbar puncture
- Lung scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA)
- Myocardial perfusion scan, resting
- Myocardial perfusion scan, stress
- Positron emission tomography (PET scan) and PET/CT
- Prostate MRI
- Renal scan (DMSA)
- Upper GI and/or small bowel series
- Virtual colonoscopy
Our radiologists also provide minimally invasive treatments and therapies for a range of conditions.
- Interventional radiology therapies treat conditions such as uterine fibroids, vascular malformations, liver tumors and infertility.
- Interventional neuroradiology therapies treat neurological conditions including intracranial aneurysms, tumors, spinal pain and vascular malformations involving the brain and spine.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.