Medical Director: Eric Samstad, M.D.
Clinical Supervisor: Carol Orth, MA, R-DMT, LCPC
The Adult Autism and Developmental Disorders Center provides comprehensive mental health services for adults with any of a wide range of developmental disorders, including Autism and Asperger’s, fetal alcohol exposure, genetic disorders (such as Down’s, Fragile X, and others), cerebral palsy, and various intellectual disabilities. The program is designed to meet the unique and complex needs of this patient population and is committed to providing expert mental health assessment and treatment in a caring and supportive environment. Download Brochure
- Initial assessment and ongoing outpatient psychiatric treatment
- Individual and family psychotherapy
- Group psychotherapy (e.g., anger management, coping skills, self-awareness)
- Behavior modification
- Medication management
- Occupational therapy
- Speech and language therapy
- Case management services
- Psychosocial rehabilitation
- Vocational development
- Educational support
- Housing support
- Health, including nutrition and exercise
- Transition/reintegration issues
- Close coordination of care with other health professionals, group home providers, and State of Maryland DDA, as needed
- Special Needs Augmentation Program (SNAP): a two morning per week intensive option which is intended to provide patients with a level of care that is intermediate between that of an outpatient mental health clinic and an inpatient psychiatric unit. Participating individuals would gain additional support and skills in dealing with acute stressors, further stabilization of their mood and other symptoms, and additional opportunities for intensive assessment and communication with the treatment team.
To make a referral, call 410-550-0104
The Adult Autism and Developmental Disorders Center is staffed by an interdisciplinary team consisting of psychiatrists, mental health therapists, social workers, occupational therapists, psychiatric rehabilitation therapists, case managers and other specialists.
We accept Medical Assistance, Medicare, as well as some private insurances. Insurance coverage will be verified prior to your first appointment.
LocationAdult Autism and Developmental Disorders Center
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
5500 E. Lombard Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21224
Directions to the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center