I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Jeff Jacobson, M.D.
Chief of Neurosurgery, Suburban Hospital
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years)
Expertise: Acoustic Neuromas, Brain Cancer, Brain Tumors, Cervical Spine Trauma, Neurological Surgery, Neurosurgery, Skull Base Surgery, Skull Base Tumors, Spinal Fusion, Spinal Reconstruction, Spinal Trauma ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Neurosurgery
Appointment Phone: 301-896-6069
4927 Auburn Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814 map
Jeff Jacobson, M.D., is the chief of neurosurgery at Suburban Hospital and a neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins Neurosurgery in Bethesda, Maryland. Dr. Jacobson is board certified in neurosurgery by the American Board of Neurological Surgery.
Dr. Jacobson's neurosurgery expertise focuses on cranial and spinal problems. He has a special interest in skull base tumors, especially acoustic neuromas, as well as cervical arthroplasty, cervical spinal trauma management and spinal reconstruction.
Dr. Jacobson earned his medical degree from George Washington University School of Medicine, where he stayed to complete a residency in neurosurgery.
Dr. Jacobson holds current appointments at MedStar Washington Hospital, where he serves as the medical director for the Center for Image Guided Neurosurgery; George Washington University Hospital, where he serves as a clinical professor of neurological surgery; MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, where he serves as a residency advisor; the National Rehabilitation Hospital; Holy Cross Hospital; and the Advanced Surgery Center of Bethesda. Dr. Jacobson also does private practice with Washington Brain and Spine Institute.
Dr. Jacobson has earned the Recognition Award for Outstanding Teaching from Georgetown University's Department of Neurosurgery, and the Walter J. Freeman Award for Research from George Washington University School of Medicine. He has also been named a Top Doctor by Consumers' Checkbook magazine and a Super Doctor by the Washington Post magazine.
Dr. Jacobson is a fellow of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons and American College of Surgeons, as well as a member of the Medical Society of the District of Columbia, the Congress of Neurological Surgeons, the American Medical Association, the Montgomery County Medical Society and the Washington Academy of Neurosurgery.
- Chief of Neurosurgery, Suburban Hospital
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Surgery at Suburban Hospital
- MD, George Washington University School of Medicine (1977)
- George Washington University Hospital / Neurosurgery (1983)
- American Board of Neurological Surgery / Neurological Surgery (1988)
Research & Publications
Karam SD, Tai A, Wooster M, Rashid A, Chen R, Baig N, Jay A, Harter KW, Randolph-Jackson P, Omogbehin A, Aulisi EF, Jacobson J. "Trigeminal neuralgia treatment outcomes following Gamma Knife radiosurgery with a minimum 3-year follow-up." J Radiat Oncol. 2014;3:125-130. Epub 2013 Nov 20.
Activities & Honors
- Top Doctor, Consumers' Checkbook Magazine
- Super Doctor, Washington Post Magazine
- Recognition Award for Outstanding Teaching, Georgetown University's Department of Neurosurgery
- Walter J. Freeman Award for Research, George Washington University School of Medicine
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons, 1988
- American Medical Association, 1983
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons, 1983
- Medical Society of the District of Columbia, 1983
- Montgomery County Medical Society, 1983
- Washington Academy of Neurosurgery, 1984