I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Russell Reed Rothenberg, M.D.
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years)
Languages: English, Spanish
Expertise: Internal Medicine, Joint Injections, Pulmonary Function Test, Rheumatology
Russell Rothenberg, MD
Appointment Phone: 301-571-2273
10215 Fernwood Road
Bethesda, MD 20817 map
Dr. Russell Rothenberg's medical practice focuses on Rheumatology primary care , consultations and Internal Medicine. He has a special interest in patients with Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Systemic Lupus, musculoskeletal pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout and difficult to diagnose and treat Rheumatology and Internal Medicine patients. Dr. Russell Rothenberg's practice approach has been to offer comprehensive, patient friendly medical practice services without additional concierge medical practice fees for his patients.
He really enjoys treating his patients with an emphasis on optimizing their health which means minimizing diseases and helping them reach their personal goals in life. Dr.Rothenberg's focus on preventive care to keep them as healthy as possible. This approach over time has kept most of his patients out of the hospital, improved their ability to function through comprehensive good health practices.
When needed, Dr. Rothenberg puts considerable thought into referring his patients to the most appropriate specialists, physical therapists, etc. and monitor the treatment they are receiving. As a service to his patients for no additional charge, if a patient is having difficulty getting a radiology appointment or a specialist referral in a reasonable amount of time, patients can call Dr.Rothenberg's Practice Manager, and they will try to expedite the appointment for them.
If his patients have medical concerns or questions, they can call Dr.Rothenberg's Practice Manager and/or leave a voice message It has been Dr.Rothenberg's practice to be very accessible to his patients, including making personal hospital visits for the patient that becomes hospitalized.
Dr.Rothenberg enjoys the challenges of complicated and difficult to diagnose medical cases. He likes to take the pieces of a medical puzzle and make sense of it.
To learn more about Dr. Rothenberg's patient-centered preventative care, in-depth diagnosis and comprehensive treatment, visit RussellRothenbergMD.com.
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Suburban Hospital
- MD, Autonomous University of Guadalajara School of Medicine (1975)
- MD, Albany Medical College of Union University (1977)
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center / Internal Medicine (1980)
- Mount Sinai Hospital / Rheumatology (1982)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1980)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Rheumatology (1982)
Activities & Honors
- Named one of the top doctors in Washington DC, Washingtonian Magazine
- Chairman of the Medical Advisory Committee, National Fibromyalgia Partnership, Inc.
- President, Jacobi Association, 2012
- Served as President, Jacobi Association
- Medical Staff of Suburban Hospital
- NIH (The National Institutes of Health)