I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
James Adam Rothschild, M.D.
Expertise: Anesthesiology, Blood Disorders
Research Interests: Bloodless Medicine and Surgery, Autologous Hemodilution, Cell Salvage, Blood Conservation, Anesthesia Information Management Systems
First Colonies Anesthesia Associates
7490 New Technology Way Frederick, MD 21703
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
1800 Orleans St. Sheikh Zayed Tower Baltimore, MD 21287
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-955-5608
4940 Eastern Avenue Baltimore, MD 21224
Howard County Anesthesia Associates
11085 Little Patuxent Parkway Medical Arts Building Columbia, MD 21044
Dr. James Rothschild is a graduate of the Johns Hopkins Hospital residency in Anesthesiology. His clinical interest is in the area of blood conservation. He currently works with Dr. Steven Frank in the Johns Hopkins Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Program. His research is focused on methods to improve blood utilization and methods to avoid blood transfusion for those patients who wish not receive blood or blood products. These methods include autologous hemodilution, cell salvage (cell saver) and in treating and/or preventing anemia before and after surgery. His clinical expertise is anesthesia for vascular, thoracic, transplant and high-risk obstetric procedures....read more
Departments / Divisions
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Sidney Kimmel Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University (2004)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Anesthesiology (2012)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Anesthesiology (2013)
Research & Publications
Selected Publications1. Frank SM, Savage WJ, Rothschild JA, Rivers RJ, Ness PM, Paul SL, Ulatowski JA: Variability in blood and blood component utilization as assessed by an anesthesia information management system Anesthesiology, 2012, April 23 (Epub ahead of print).
2. Rothschild J, Winters B, Brenan-Rothschild K. Chapter 54: HAZMAT in the Operating Room. In: Anesthesia Unplugged. Gallagher C, et al, eds. McGraw-Hill 2012.
Activities & Honors
- Chief Resident, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 2011 - 2012
- High Risk Obstetric Anesthesia, 2012 - 2013
- Journal of "Anesthesiology"
- Vascular/Transplant Anesthesia, 2012 - 2013