I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Fasika Ambachew Woreta, M.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Expertise: Cataracts, Cornea/Anterior Segment Disease, Corneal Diseases, Ophthalmology
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Fasika A. Woreta, M.D., is an assistant professor of ophthalmology at the Wilmer Eye Institute. She specializes in corneal and external eye diseases, including cataracts, and refractive surgery. Her research interests include corneal diseases as well as ocular immunology.
Dr. Woreta received her M.D. degree from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and her M.P.H. degree from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Following an internship in internal medicine at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, she completed her residency in ophthalmology at the Wilmer Eye Institute. She then completed a fellowship in cornea and refractive surgery at the Bascom-Palmer Eye Institute at the University of Miami and a cataract fellowship at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London, UK. Dr. Woreta returned to Wilmer to join the faculty as chief resident from July 2013 through June 2014, prior to her appointment as an assistant professor.
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2007)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Ophthalmology (2011)
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute of the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine / Cornea and Refractive Surgery (2012)
- Moorfields Eye Hospital / Cornea (2013)
- American Board of Ophthalmology / Ophthalmology (2013)