I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Nelson G N Kalil, M.D.
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years)
Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
Expertise: Hematology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
Research Interests: Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
Dr. Nelson Kalil
6000 Executive Blvd
Rockville, MD 20852 map
Dr. Nelson G. Kalil is a medical oncologist affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital, Suburban Hospital and Holy Cross Hospital. Dr. Kalil is board certified in medical oncology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He practices out of Chevy Chase Village, located in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
Dr. Kalil earned his medical degree from Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Sao Paulo. He completed a residency in internal medicine at Jackson Memorial Hospital, followed by a fellowship in oncology at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul and a fellowship in hematology and oncology at the National Institutes of Health.
Dr. Kalil has been named a Regional Top Doctor for Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Washington-Baltimore areas by Castle Connolly.
Dr. Kalil is a fellow of the American College of Physicians and a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
Dr. Kalil has contributed to numerous publications on chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Medicine at Suburban Hospital
- MD, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Sao Paulo (1982)
- Jackson Memorial Hospital / Internal Medicine (1996)
- Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul / Oncology (1987)
- National Institutes of Health / Hematology and Oncology (1999)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Medical Oncology (1999)
Research & Publications
Kalil, N. G., McGuire, W. P. "Chemotherapy for advanced epithelial ovarian carcinoma." Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2002 Aug.
Kalil, N., Cheson, B. D. "Management of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia." Drugs Aging. 2000 Jan.
Kalil, N., Cheson, B. D. "Chronic lymphocytic leukemia." Oncologist. 1999.
Activities & Honors
- Regional Top Doctor for Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Washington-Baltimore, Castle Connolly
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Clinical Oncology