I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Heather Sateia, M.D.
Heather Fell Sateia, M.D.
Core Faculty, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Colleges Advisory Program
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Internal Medicine, Medical Education, Preventive Medicine, Primary Care
Research Interests: Medical education; Evidence-based medicine
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Medicine - Green Spring Station
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-955-0670
10753 Falls Road Pavilion II Suite 325 Lutherville, MD 21093
Phone: 410-583-2774 | Fax: 410-583-2883
Dr. Heather Sateia is an assistant professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her areas of clinical expertise include internal medicine, preventive medicine and primary care.
Dr. Sateia received her B.A. from Princeton University. She earned her M.D. from Dartmouth Medical School. She completed her internship and residency in internal medicine at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Washington University in St. Louis, MO.
Following residency, Dr. Sateia was selected as a chief resident and then joined the faculty at Washington University as an associate program director for the Primary Care Pathway and was editor of the Washington Manual of Outpatient Internal Medicine. She joined the Division of General Internal Medicine at Johns Hopkins in 2013.
Her research interests include medical education and the integration of evidence-based medicine.
Dr. Sateia serves as a core advisor for the School of Medicine’s Colleges Advisory Program. She is an associate program director for the Osler Medical Training Program focusing on equity, diversity and culture. She was recognized as a Shark Tank Workshop Award Recipient at the 2015 Institute for Excellence in Education's Annual Conference for her proposal "High-Value Care Communication Curriculum for Internal Medicine Interns." She is a member of the Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine and the Society for General Internal Medicine.
- Core Faculty, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Colleges Advisory Program
- Associate Program Director for Diversity, Equity and Culture; Osler Medical Training Program
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MD, Dartmouth Medical School (2008)
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital / Internal Medicine (2011)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2011)
Research & Publications
DeFer TM, Knoche EM, LaRossa GN, Sateia HF. The Washington manual internship survival guide. 4th ed. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2013.
Activities & Honors
- Shark Tank Workshop Award Recipient, Johns Hopkins Institute for Excellence in Education
- Lisa J. Heiser Award for Junior Faculty Contribution in Education, Institute for Excellence in Education, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine
- Society for General Internal Medicine
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
“Arachnid Phobia,” The New York Times, June 13, 2014