I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Bruce R Kressel, M.D.
Instructor of Oncology
Expertise: Breast Cancer, Gynecologic Oncology, Hematologic Malignancies, Leukemia, Lung Cancer, Lymphoma, Medical Oncology, Myeloma
Request an Appointment
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Sibley Memorial Hospital
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 202-660-6500
5255 Loughboro Road, NW 1st Floor Washington, DC 20016
Bruce R. Kressel, M.D., is a medical oncologist at Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center at Sibley Memorial Hospital and an instructor at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Dr. Kressel is board certified in internal medicine, medical oncology and hematology by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
In addition to an expertise in breast and lung cancer, Dr. Kressel has an expertise in gynecologic oncology and general medical oncology, with specific focuses on hematologic malignancies including lymphoma, leukemia and myeloma.
Dr. Kressel earned his medical degree at Tufts University School of Medicine. He completed a residency in internal medicine at George Washington University School of Medicine, followed by a fellowship in hematology and oncology, also at George Washington University School of Medicine. Dr. Kressel completed a fellowship in oncology at the Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center as well.
Dr. Kressel has been regularly named one of America’s Top Doctors and one of America's Top Doctors for Cancer by Castle Connolly. He has also been named a Top Doctor in the Washington D.C. and Washington-Baltimore areas by Castle Connolly, as well as a Top Doctor by Consumers’ Checkbook Magazine and Washingtonian Magazine. Dr. Kressel is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American Society of Hematology.
Dr. Kressel has contributed to numerous publications, presentations and clinical trials.
- Instructor of Oncology
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine (1973)
- The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences / Internal Medicine (1974)
- The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences / Hematology (1976)
- The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences / Oncology (1977)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Hematology (1978)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1976)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Medical Oncology (1977)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Lemanne, D., Block, K.I., Kressel, B.R., Sukhatme, V.P., White, J.D. "A Case of Complete and Durable Molecular Remission of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Following Treatment with Epigallocatechin-3-gallate, an Extract of Green Tea." Cureus. 2015 Dec 29;7(12):e441. doi: 10.7759/cureus.441.
Curiel, R.V., Brindle, K.A., Kressel, B.R., Katz, J.D. "Dysphagia after testicular cancer." Arthritis Rheum. 2005 Dec;52(12):3712.
Aue, G., Carroll, N., Kressel, B.R., Hardi, R., Horne, M.K. 3rd. "Disseminated intravascular coagulation in an ambulatory young woman." J Lab Clin Med. 2005 Sep;146(3):192-6.
Activities & Honors
- America's Top Doctors, Castle Connolly
- Top Doctor, Washington, D.C. and Washington-Baltimore Regions, Castle Connolly
- Top Doctor, Consumers' Checkbook Magazine
- Top Doctor, Washingtonian Magazine
- America's Top Doctors for Cancer, Castle Connolly
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology