I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Bernard O Marquis, M.D.
Division Chief, Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Howard County General Hospital
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Howard County Anesthesia Associates
Appointment Phone: 410-730-0099
11085 Little Patuxent Parkway
Medical Arts Building Suite 004
Columbia, MD 21044 map
Dr. Bernard Marquis is a clinical associate at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His area of clinical expertise is anesthesiology. Dr. Marquis serves as the division chief of Howard County General Hospital’s Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine.
He earned his M.D. from the Howard University College of Medicine and completed his residency at the University of Maryland Medical Center. He joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 1991.
Dr. Marquis served as the president of the medical staff at Howard County General Hospital in 2005. He and his team at Howard County General Hospital were the 2016 recipients of the Clinical Collaboration and Teamwork Award.
- Division Chief, Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Howard County General Hospital
- Howard County General Hospital Department Chair- Anesthesiology
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Howard University College of Medicine (1981)
- University of Maryland Medical Center / Anesthesiology (1985)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Anesthesiology (1990)
Activities & Honors
- 2016 Clinical Collaboration and Teamwork Award – Marc Applestein, M.D., and Surgical Services Committee, Office of Johns Hopkins Physicians, 2016
- President of the Medical Staff, Howard County General Hospital, 2005