I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Jay Salpekar, M.D.
Director, Neuropsychiatry in Epilepsy Program--KKI
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Child Development and Behavioral Health, Epilepsy, Neuropsychiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Kennedy Krieger Institute
716 N Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21205 map
Jay Salpekar, M.D. is Director of the Neuropsychiatry in Epilepsy Program at Kennedy Krieger Institute, and on the full time faculty of Johns Hopkins University Medical School. He received B.A. and M.D. degrees from Washington University in St. Louis and continued at Barnes Hospital for internship and residency training in general psychiatry. He then completed a child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at the Yale University Child Study Center.
Dr. Salpekar is widely published in the field of pediatric neuropsychiatry. He is a reviewer for scientific journals, grant review panels, and serves on the editorial board for Epilepsy and Behavior. He is active in the American Epilepsy Society, Epilepsy Foundation, and was recently honored with Fellow status in the American Neuropsychiatric Association.
- Director, Neuropsychiatry in Epilepsy Program--KKI
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Assistant Professor of Neurology
- A.B., Washington University in St. Louis (Missouri) (1989)
- M.D., Washington University School of Medicine - St Louis (Missouri) (1993)
Activities & Honors
- Fellow, American Neuropsychiatry Association