I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Bethany Cara Sacks, M.D., M.Ed.
Assistant Program Director, Department of Surgery
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Expertise: Achalasia, Adrenal Diseases, Colorectal Surgery, General Surgery, GERD Surgery, Hernia Repair, Hernia Surgery, Hernias, Incisional Hernia Repair, Inguinal Hernia, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Nissen Fundoplication, Paraesophageal Hernia, Spleen Surgery, Splenectomy , Ventral Hernia ...read more
Research Interests: Minimally invasive and simulation technologies
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
Appointment Phone: 443-997-1508
1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
A general surgeon, Dr. Sacks specializes in minimally invasive antireflux surgery, hernia repair, colon resection, adrenalectomy and splenectomy. Before joining the Johns Hopkins faculty, she was a clinical assistant professor of surgery and the director of undergraduate education at the University of Texas Medical School in Houston. Her research focuses on minimally invasive and simulation technologies as well as education of surgical trainees.
Dr. Sacks also serves as the director for the surgical clerkship education program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. In this role, Dr. Sacks supervises the medical students’ clerkship activities. She has a record of excellence in teaching as a member of the core faculty of the Colleges Advisory Program.
- Assistant Program Director, Department of Surgery
- Surgery Clerkship and Curriculum Director
- Core Faculty, Colleges Advisory Program, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine (1999)
- Mount Sinai Medical Center / General Surgery (2004)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center / Minimally Invasive Surgery (2005)
- American Board of Surgery / General Surgery (2005)
- American Board of Surgery / Surgery (2005)
Activities & Honors
- American College of Surgeons
- Association for Surgical Education
- Association of Academic Surgery
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
Videos & Media
Gallbladder Surgery | Q&A
What is Inguinal Hernia? | Q&A