I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Christopher Simon Hourigan, B.M. B.Ch., D.Phil., M.S., Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Oncology
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years), Geriatrics (55+ years)
Expertise: Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML), Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplantation, Cancer Genetics, Hematologic Malignancies, Hematology Oncology, Hematology/Oncology, Immunotherapy, Inherited Hematologic Malignancies, Leukemia, Medical Oncology, Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) ...read more
Request an Appointment
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Sibley Memorial Hospital
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 202-660-6500
5255 Loughboro Road NW Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-660-6500 | Fax: 202-660-6501
Christopher S. Hourigan DM DPhil FACP FRCP is a medical oncologist at Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center at Sibley Memorial Hospital and a part-time associate professor of oncology at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Dr. Hourigan is board certified in internal medicine, hematology and medical oncology by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Hourigan has expertise in myeloid malignancies. He sees adult patients with Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) or Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS) for second opinions at Sibley Memorial Hospital where he is also a member of the Hematological Malignancies Inpatient Service.
Dr. Hourigan received his medical degree and PhD from Oxford University, and completed postgraduate clinical training in London and Baltimore. He has particular interest in approaches to predict development or recurrence of myeloid malignancy.
- Associate Professor of Oncology
Centers & Institutes
- BM BCh, University of Oxford Medical School (2006)
- Guy's Hospital (2007)
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center / Internal Medicine (2009)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Medical Oncology (2012)
- National Institutes of Health / Hematology (2012)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2010)
Research & Publications
Activities & Honors
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Sidney Truelove Prize, Oxford University
- Patrick Murphy Award for Resident Teaching, Johns Hopkins Bayview
- Early Career Physician Award, American College of Physicians (VA)
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Honorary Fellow, Royal College of Physicians (London)