I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Rosanne Sheinberg, M.D.
Associate Program Director, Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship Program
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Expertise: Anesthesiology, Cardiac Anesthesia
Dr. Rosanne Sheinberg is an assistant professor of anesthesiology and critical care medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her areas of clinical expertise include anesthesiology and cardiac anesthesia. Dr. Sheinberg serves as the associate program director of the Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship Program in the Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine.
She received her undergraduate degree in biochemistry from the University of California, Davis. She earned her M.D. from Johns Hopkins. She completed her residency and performed a fellowship in cardiothoracic anesthesiology at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. Dr. Sheinberg joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2011.
Dr. Sheinberg is a member of several professional organizations, including the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists and the Maryland Society of Anesthesiologists. She completed a fellowship with The University of Arizona's Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine in 2019.
- Associate Program Director, Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship Program
- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Departments / Divisions
- Anesthesiology at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine - Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2006)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine (2010)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine (2011)
- Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine / Integrative Medicine (2014)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Anesthesiology-General (2011)
Research & Publications
Dr. Sheinberg’s research focuses on integrative medicine for perioperative patients.
- Hensley N, Sheinberg R. "Intraoperative echocardiography in a patient with a double-orifice mitral valve."Anesth Analg. 2013 Oct;117(4):773-6.
- Zheng F, Sheinberg R, Yee MS, Ono M, Zheng Y, Hogue CW. "Cerebral near-infrared spectroscopy monitoring and neurologic outcomes in adult cardiac surgery patients: a systematic review." Anesth Analg. 2013 Mar;116(3):663-76.
- Sheinberg R, Gao WD, Wand G, Abraham S, Schulick R, Roy R, Mitter N. "A perfect storm: fatality resulting from metoclopramide unmasking a pheochromocytoma and its management", J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2012 Feb;26(1):161-5.
- Bravin R, Wisniewski A, Dobs A. "Soy and Cognition." Elements. 2003;1(2):12-14.
Activities & Honors
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists
- Maryland Society of Anesthesiologists