I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Malin L Howard, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Expertise: Cataracts, Corneal Diseases, Eye Conditions, Ophthalmology
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute - Columbia
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-910-2330
10710 Charter Drive Medical Pavilion at Howard County, Suite 310 Columbia, MD 21044
Dr. Malin L. Howard is an assistant professor of ophthalmology at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include the diagnosis and treatment of ocular disease.
Dr. Howard received his undergraduate degree from Carleton College and earned his medical degree from the University of Kansas School of Medicine. He completed his residency at the University of Rochester.
Prior to joining Johns Hopkins, Dr. Howard served in the U.S. Air Force as a flight surgeon from 1973 to 1975. After completing his residency in 1978, he joined the University of Rochester faculty and became an assistant professor in 1979. Dr. Howard has been in private practice for the past 32 years, most recently with Patapsco Eye MDs, based in Columbia, Maryland, and served as the Chairman of the Department of Ophthalmology at Howard County General Hospital from 1990 to 1996.
A member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the Maryland Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons, Dr. Howard has also served on committees dedicated to infection control and quality of care improvement.
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Departments / Divisions
- MD, University of Kansas School of Medicine (1972)
- University of Rochester Medical Center / Ophthalmology (1978)
- American Board of Ophthalmology / Ophthalmology (1979)
Activities & Honors
- Maryland Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Howard County Medical Society
- Maryland Med-Chi
- Chairman of Department of Ophthalmology, Howard County General Hospital
- Quality Improvement Committee, Columbia Medical Plan
- Infection Control Committee, Greater Baltimore Medical Center