I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
W. P. Andrew Lee, M.D.
Wei-Ping Andrew Lee, M.D.
Languages: English, Chinese, Mandarin
Expertise: Plastic Surgery
Research Interests: Investigating tolerance strategies for composite tissue allografting; Enhancing nerve regeneration to improve functional outcome of composite tissue allotransplantation ...read more
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1983)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Surgery (1986)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Surgery (1989)
- Massachusetts General Hospital / Plastic Surgery (1990)
- Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center (Formerly Indiana Hand Center) / Hand Surgery (1993)
- American Board of Plastic Surgery / Hand Surgery (1996)
- American Board of Plastic Surgery / Plastic Surgery (1995)
Research & Publications
Dr. Lee conducts investigation on tolerance strategy for vascularized composite allografts, such as hand or face transplants, to ameliorate the need for long-term systemic immunosuppression. In 2014, the American Association of Plastic Surgeons honored him with the Research Achievement Award for basic research.