I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Joseph M Haggerty, M.D.
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years)
Expertise: Chemotherapy, Hematology, Infusion Chemotherapy, Internal Medicine, Office Chemotherapy, Oncology
Shady Grove Medical Building
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 301-424-6231
9707 Medical Center Drive Suite 300 Rockville, MD 20850
Phone: 301-424-6231 | Fax: 301-294-4648
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 301-929-0765
10605 Concord Street Suite 300 Kensington, MD 20895
10605 Concord Street Suite 302 Kensington, MD 20895
Joseph M. Haggerty, M.D., is an oncologist at Suburban Hospital. Dr. Haggerty is board certified in medical oncology and internal medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He practices out of Maryland Oncology Hematology.
Dr. Haggerty has expertise in chemotherapy, infusion, hematology and medical oncology.
Dr. Haggerty earned his medical degree from the Medical College of Virginia. He completed a residency in internal medicine at the Presbyterian University Hospital of Pittsburgh, followed by a fellowship in medical oncology at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Dr. Haggerty is a fellow of the American College of Physicians, as well as a member of the American Medical Association, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the Medical and Chiurgical Faculty of the State of Maryland, and the Montgomery County Medical Society.
Dr. Haggerty has been named a Top Doctor by Consumers' Checkbook magazine, as well as a Super Doctor by The Washington Post magazine.
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Suburban Hospital
- MD, Medical College of Virginia (1982)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1986)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Medical Oncology (1987)
Activities & Honors
- Fellow, American College of Physicians, 2000
- Top Doctor, Consumers' Checkbook Magazine
- Super Doctor, Washington Post Magazine
- American College of Physicians (ACP), 1988
- American Medical Association (AMA), 1988
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), 1991
- Medical and Chirurgical Faculty of the State of Maryland (MedChi), 1994
- Montgomery County Medical Society (MCMS), 1994
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
"The Highly Respected Physicians of the Maryland Oncology Hematology, are to be Recognized as a Top Doctor in Maryland." PR News Channel. (10/23/2017)
"A Rockville Mother's Battle with Breast Cancer." Bethesda Magazine. (September-October 2016)
"Associates in Oncology/Hematology Join Maryland Oncology Hematology." McKesson. (03/24/2015)