I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Shannon Courtney O'Connor, M.D.
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years)
Expertise: Bone Marrow Failure, Breast Cancer, Cancer Genetics, Chemotherapy, Gynecologic Cancers, Hematology, Kidney Cancer, Medical Oncology, Melanoma, Oncology, Women's Health ...read more
Associates In Oncology Hematology
Appointment Phone: 301-929-0765
6420 Rockledge Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817 map
Shannon C. O'Connor, M.D., is a medical oncologist with Suburban Hospital. Dr. O'Connor is board certified in hematology, medical oncology and internal medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine. She practices out of Maryland Oncology Hematology.
Dr. O'Connor has expertise in hematology and medical oncology with a special focus in women's health, including breast cancer and gynecologic cancers. She is also completing her certification in genetics.
Dr. O'Connor earned her Master's Degree in Physiology at Georgetown University, followed by her medical degree from St. George's University School of Medicine. She completed a residency at Washington Hospital Center, as well as a fellowship in hematology and oncology.
Dr. O'Connor is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the American Society of Hematology, the Montgomery County Medical Society and the American Medical Association.
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Suburban Hospital
- MD; General Internal Medicine, St George's University School of Medicine (2005)
- Medstar Washington Hospital Center (2008)
- Medstar Washington Hospital Center / Hematology and Oncology (2011)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Hematology (2012)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2008)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Medical Oncology (2011)
Research & Publications
Catlett JP1, Williams SA, O'Connor SC, Krishnan J, Malkovska V. "Primary lymphoma of bone: an institutional experience." Leuk Lymphoma. 2008 Nov;49(11):2125-32. doi: 10.1080/10428190802404030.
Activities & Honors
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- Montgomery County Medical Society
- American Medical Association