I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Alexander Coon, M.D.
Alexander Lewis Coon, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
- Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
- Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
- B.S.E., University of Kentucky (Kentucky) (1998)
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons (New York) (2003)
Research & Publications
Dr. Coon's research interests are in the development of endovascular devices and the techniques and outcomes associated with their usage for cerebrovascular pathology. He has published extensively in the field of aneurysm treatment, stroke, and subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH).
The Codman Enterprise Vascular Reconstruction Device and Delivery System (BARREL), 2007-present
- The Surpass IntraCranial Aneurysm Embolization System Pivotal Trial to treat large or giant wide neck aneurysms (The SCENT Trial), 2013-present
- Prospective study on embolization of intracranial aneurysms with Pipeline Embolization Device (PREMIER), 2015–present
- Pivotal Study of the MicroVention Flow Re-Direction Endoluminal Device (FRED) Stent System in the Treatment of Intracranial Aneurysms, 2013-present
- The WEB Intrasaccular Therapy Study (WEB-IT), 2014-present
- Low-profile Visualized Intraluminal Support (LVIS and LVIS Jr.) Devices for the treatment of unruptured, wide necked, intracranial aneurysms. 2015-present
- Aneurysm Treatment Using Intrasaccular Flow Diversion with the Artisse Device, 2016-present