I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
James Thomas Williams, M.D.
Expertise: Family Medicine, Family Practice
Total Primary Care PC
Appointment Phone: 202-244-9300
5215 Loughboro Road NW
Washington, DC 20016 map
Dr. James T. Williams is a primary care physician affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital. He is board certified in family medicine and practices out of Total Primary Care, located in Sibley Memorial Hospital’s Medical Building. Dr. Williams was previously the medical director of the Johns Hopkins Community Physicians group at Sibley Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Williams earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia and his medical degree from the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine. He completed his residency in family medicine with the Georgetown University department of family medicine, where he served as chief resident. Prior to joining Johns Hopkins Health System, Dr. Williams worked in a private practice with his father for ten years.
Dr. Williams has been named a Top MD by Washingtonian Magazine and Consumers’ Checkbook Magazine, in addition to winning the Patient's Choice Award every year since 2008.
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine (1998)
- Georgetown University/Providence Hospital / Family Practice (2001)
- American Board of Family Medicine / Family Medicine (2018)
Activities & Honors
- Top M.D., Washingtonian Magazine
- Top M.D., Consumers' Checkbook
- Patient's Choice Award, Vitals
- Board of Trustees, Sibley Memorial Hospital Foundation, Washington, D.C.
- Clinical Director of Family Medicine, George Washington Medical School, Washington, D.C.
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
‘Concierge’ Medicine Grows to Meet Patient Demands and Physician Frustrations. WTOP (02/04/2015)