I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Robert F Stephens, M.D.
Expertise: Allergy and Immunology, Autoimmune Diseases, CMV Retinitis, Crohn's Disease, Diabetic Retinopathy, Lyme Disease, Ophthalmology, Retinal Detachment, Retinal Vascular Disease ...read more
Retina Consultants PC
Appointment Phone: 202-833-1668
6410 Rockledge Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817 map
Dr. Robert F. Stephens received his medical degree from Washington University in St. Louis and did a rotating internship at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, TX. After this, he served as a flight surgeon in the United States Air Force and completed his residency in ophthalmology and his fellowship in vitreo-retinal disease at Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia, PA.
Dr. Stephens took part in the National Institutes of Health Diabetic Retinopathy and Diabetic Vitrectomy Studies as an examining ophthalmologist. He has authored 22 scientific articles and text-book chapters and has given nearly 100 formal scientific presentations and lectures. Dr.Stephens currently belongs to nearly 20 professional societies. His areas of expertise include macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retina-vascular disease, retinal tears, and ocular tumors.Dr. Stephens is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
To learn more information about Dr. Robert F. Stephens, visit RetinaConsultants.net .
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery at Suburban Hospital
- MD, Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis (1971)
- Wills Eye Hospital / Ophthalmology (1978)
- Wills Eye Hospital / Ophthalmology (1980)
- American Board of Ophthalmology / Ophthalmology (1979)
Activities & Honors
- Chief’s Award for Best Scientific Paper, Wills Eye Hospital
- Assistant clinical professor of ophthalmology, George Washington University
- Previous medical consultant, Medicare and Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Previous vice chairman, Washington National Eye Center at Washington Hospital Center
- Professor of clinical ophthalmology, Georgetown University/Washington Hospital Center