I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Michael Christopher Banks, M.D.
Co-Course Director, Optimal Anesthesia Management
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-955-5608
1800 Orleans St. Sheikh Zayed Tower Baltimore, MD 21287
Dr. Michael Christopher Banks is an assistant professor of anesthesiology and critical care medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include anesthesiology. Dr. Banks serves as the co-course director of Optimal Anesthesia Management at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
Dr. Banks earned his M.D. from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. He completed his residencies at the University of Maryland Medical System. He performed a fellowship in microbiology and immunology at Weill Cornell Medical College, a fellowship in surgery at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and a fellowship in critical care medicine at Johns Hopkins.
He is a faculty member in the Adult Critical Care Fellowship program in the Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine.
- Co-Course Director, Optimal Anesthesia Management
- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Departments / Divisions
- Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine - Critical Care Medicine
- MD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine (1997)
- University of Maryland Medical Center / Surgery (1999)
- University of Maryland Medical Center / Anesthesiology (2004)
- New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center / Surgery (2001)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Critical Care Medicine (2005)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Anesthesiology (2005)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Critical Care Medicine (2006)
Academic Affiliations & Courses
Courses and Syllabi
Optimal Anesthesia Management (Co-Course Director)