I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Franklin Randall Polun, D.P.M.
Diplomate of the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Expertise: Bunions, Chronic Pain, Diabetic Foot Care, Fibromyalgia, Foot and Ankle, Joint Replacement, Orthotics, Podiatry, Sports Medicine ...read more
National Capital Foot and Ankle Center
Appointment Phone: 301-983-8202
10238 River Rd
Potomac, MD 20854 map
Dr. Polun is board certified in foot and ankle surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery. His area of clinical expertise includes foot and ankle surgery, laser treatment for fungal toenails, laser therapy for chronic foot pain, and customized foot orthotics. Dr. Polun is an advocate for healthy lifestyles and exercise, and has also served as a volunteer on staff doctor for youth sporting events. In 2014, the National Consumer Advisory Board named Dr. Polun one of America’s Best Podiatrists.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery at Suburban Hospital
- DPM, Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine FKA Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine (1985)
- St John Hospital and Medical Center / Podiatric Surgery (1986)
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery~ / Podiatrist (1989)
Activities & Honors
- Named one of America’s Best Podiatrists in 2014 by the National Consumer Advisory Board.
- Featured in November 2013 issue, Inside Potomac Magazine
- Recognized as Top Podiatrist in January/February 2013, Bethesda Magazine
- Recognized as Top Podiatrist in June 2012 issue, Washingtonian Magazine
- Recognized as a Top Expert in Sports Medicine in the January 2010 issue, Washingtonian Magazine
- Named the Best Podiatristin January / February 2009 issue., Bethesda Magazine
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- American Podiatric Sports Medicine
- Maryland Podiatric Association