I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Fausto Jose Rodriguez, M.D.
Associate Professor of Pathology
Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Fausto Jose Rodriguez is an assistant professor of pathology and oncology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His clinical expertise lies in the identification of diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic biomarkers in primary brain tumors.
Dr. Rodriguez earned his M.D. from the University of Missouri. He completed a residency in anatomic pathology and a fellowship in neuropathology at the Mayo Medical School College of Medicine.
His current research focuses on the pathology of pediatric gliomas and the phenotypic characterization of murine models of central nervous system neoplasia.
Dr. Rodriguez has published extensively and is board certified in anatomic pathology and neuropathology.
- Associate Professor of Pathology
- Associate Professor of Oncology
Centers & Institutes
- MD, University of Missouri School of Medicine (2002)
- Mayo Clinic School of Medicine / Anatomic Pathology (2005)
- Mayo Clinic School of Medicine / Neuropathology (2007)
- American Board of Pathology / Anatomic Pathology (2005)
Research & Publications
Dr. Rodriguez’ research focuses on the identification of diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic biomarkers in primary brain tumors. His current research activities aim to characterize molecular changes and signaling pathway alterations associated with the development of pediatric gliomas, as well as phenotypic characterization of murine models of CNS neoplasia.
As part of a multidisciplinary effort, one of his main goals is to integrate classic histopathologic analyses with current ancillary and molecular data obtained through immunohistochemistry, microarray profiling, molecular cytogenetics and genomic sequencing.
Lab Website: Eberhart, Rodriguez and Raabe Lab
- Rodriguez FJ, Orr B, Ligon K, Eberhart CG. "Neoplastic cells are a rare component in human glioblastoma microvasculature." Oncotarget 2012;3:98-106.
- Rodriguez EF, Scheithauer BW, Giannini C, Rynearson A, Cen L, Hoesley B, Gilmer-Flynn H, Sarkaria JN, Jenkins S, Long J, Rodriguez FJ. "PI3K/AKT Pathway Alterations are Associated With Clinically Aggressive and Histologically Anaplastic Subsets of Pilocytic Astrocytoma." Acta Neuropathol 2011;121:407-20.
- Bender AM, Collier LS, Rodriguez FJ, Tieu C, Larson JD, Halder C, Mahlum E,. Kollmeyer TM, Akagi K, Sarkar G, Largaespada DL, Jenkins RB. "Sleeping Beauty-mediated somatic mutagenesis implicates Csf1 in the formation of high grade astrocytomas." Cancer Res 2010; 70:3557-65.
- Rodriguez FJ, Giannini C, Asmann YW, Sharma MK, Perry A, Tibbetts KM, Jenkins RB, Scheithauer BW, Anant S, Jenkins S, Eberhart CG, Sarkaria JN, Gutmann DH. "Gene Expression Profiling of NF1-associated and Sporadic Pilocytic Astrocytoma Identifies ALDH1L1 as an Underexpressed Candidate Biomarker in Aggressive Astrocytoma Subtypes." J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 2008;12:1194-1204
- Rodriguez FJ, Gamez JD, Vrana JA, Theis JD, Giannini C, Scheithauer BW, Parisi J, Lucchinetti CF, Pendlebury WW, Dogan A. "Immunoglobulin Derived Depositions in the Nervous System: Novel Mass Spectrometry Application for Protein Characterization in Formalin-Fixed Tissues." Lab Investig 2008;88:1024-37.