I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Inbal B. Sander, M.D.
Director of Medical Student Rotations/Clerkships, Department of Dermatology
Assistant Professor of Dermatology
Expertise: Autoimmune Skin Diseases, Dermatology, Dermatopathology, Medical Dermatology
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Inbal Sander is an assistant professor of dermatology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her areas of clinical expertise include autoimmune skin diseases, dermatopathology and medical dermatology. Dr. Sander serves as the director of medical student rotations/clerkships in the Department of Dermatology and the assistant program director of the Dermatopathology Fellowship Program at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
She received her B.A. in biochemistry from the University of Pennsylvania and her M.D. from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. She completed her residency in dermatology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and performed a fellowship in dermatopathology at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Dr. Sander has been recognized with several honors, including the Resident Scholarship Award from the American Academy of Dermatology Association. She is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology and Women’s Dermatologic Society.
- Director of Medical Student Rotations/Clerkships, Department of Dermatology
- Assistant Program Director, Dermatopathology Fellowship Program
- Assistant Professor of Dermatology
Departments / Divisions
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania (Pennsylvania) (2003)
- M.D., Raymond and Ruth Perelman School of Medicine at University of Pennsylvania (Pennsylvania) (2009)
Research & Publications
Braunstein I, Wanat K, Abuabara K, McGowan, K, Yan A, Treat J. "Antibiotic sensitivity and resistance patterns in pediatric staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome." Pediatr Dermatol. 2014 May-Jun;31(3):305-8. doi: 10.1111/pde.12195. Epub 2013 Aug 23.
Braunstein I, Wanat K, Elenitsas R, Xu X, Frey N, Rosenbach M. "Eltrombopag associated hyperpigmentation." JAMA Dermatology. 2013;149(9):1112-5.
Braunstein I, Klein R, Okawa J, Werth V. "The interferon-regulated gene signature is elevated in subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus and discoid lupus erythematosus and correlates with the cutaneous lupus area and severity index score." BJD. 2012;166(5):971-5.
Braunstein I, Goodman N, Rosenbach M, Okawa J, Shah A, Krathen M, Kovarik C, Luning Prak E, Werth V. "Lenalidomide therapy in treatment refractory cutaneous lupus erythematosus: Histologic and circulating leukocyte profile and potential risk of a systemic lupus flare." JAAD. 2012;66(4):571-82.
Maniar T, Braunstein I, Keefe S, Hussen S, Abrams T, De Michele A, El-Deiry W. "Childhood ALL and Second Neoplasms." Cancer Biology & Therapy. 2007;6(10):1525-31.
Activities & Honors
- Resident Scholarship Award, American Academy of Dermatology Association Legislative Conference, AADA, 2012
- Johnson-Beerman Award in Basic Science Research, Section on Dermatology of the College of Physicians, Philadelphia, 2012
- Women’s Dermatologic Society Mentorship Award (Mentor: Dr. Eli Sprecher), Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Women’s Dermatologic Society, 2012
- American Academy of Dermatology Resident International Grant, Gabarone, Botswana, AAD, 2012
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Perelman School of Medicine, 2009
- Jesse G. Frank Prize in Pathology, Perelman School of Medicine, 2009
- Goldie Simon Preceptorship Award, Southeastern Pennsylvania Lupus Foundation, 2008
- American Academy of Dermatology, 2010
- Women’s Dermatologic Society, 2010