I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Kanwal Shahzadi Awan, M.D.
Co-Director, Johns Hopkins Memory and Care Program, Grand Oaks Assisted Living
Languages: English, Hindi, Urdu
Expertise: Geriatric Medicine
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
5505 Hopkins Bayview Circle
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Kanwal S. Awan is a clinical associate at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her area of clinical expertise is geriatric medicine. She serves as co-director of the Johns Hopkins Memory and Care Program at Grand Oaks Assisted Living.
Dr. Awan earned her medical degree at Dow University of Health Sciences Dow Medical College in Pakistan. She completed her residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and completed a fellowship in geriatric medicine and gerontology at Mount Sinai Medical Center.
- Co-Director, Johns Hopkins Memory and Care Program, Grand Oaks Assisted Living
- MD, Dow Medical College Dow University of Health Sciences (2001)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center / Internal Medicine (2008)
- Mount Sinai Medical Center / Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology (2010)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Geriatric Medicine (2012)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2009)
Research & Publications
Promoting Advance Care Planning Documentation for Veterans Through and Innovative Electronic Medical Record Template. S Nakagawa, EM Clark, EL Cobbs, E Livote, KS Awan, KA Blackstone, EC Lindenberger. Jrnl of the Amer Ger. Soc 2014; 62(9) 1811-1813.
Activities & Honors
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Department of Geriatrics
- Honors in Ophthalmology, Dow Medical College, 2001
- John A. Hartford Fellow of Excellence Award, 2009
- Honors in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2001
- Caring for the geriatric patient: The initial visit, The Clinical Advisor (CME), 2010
Videos & Media
Lectures and Presentations
Medical Evaluation of Dementia with Escalating Behaviors
Invited Talk, Presentation, Maryland Medical Directors Association Annual Meeting, Columbia Downtown Sheraton, Columbia, MD (11/08/2013)