I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Sheila Mohajer Hofert, M.D.
Director, Pediatric Hospitalist Program at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Languages: English, Persian
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-955-2000
1800 Orleans St. Sheikh Zayed Tower Baltimore, MD 21287
Dr. Sheila M. Hofert is an assistant professor of pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She specializes in pediatric hospital medicine, with a research interest in mindfulness practices and their role in clinician wellness.
Currently she is the Director of the Pediatric Combined ED & Inpatient Unit and Newborn Nursery at the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
Dr. Hofert earned undergraduate degree at the University of Central Florida and her medical degree at the University of Florida College of Medicine. She completed a pediatrics residency at Johns Hopkins. She has been practicing as a hospitalist/ED physician since 1999. She has been a faculty member at Johns Hopkins school of medicine since 2009.
She speaks English and Persian, and is certified by the American Board of Pediatrics.
- Director, Pediatric Hospitalist Program at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Medical Director of Combined Pediatric Inpatient, Pediatric Emergency Department, and Newborn Nursery at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- MD, University of Florida College of Medicine (1996)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Pediatrics (1999)
Activities & Honors
- American Academy of Pediatrics