I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Jeannie-Marie Sheppard Leoutsakos, Ph.D.
Director, Psychiatry Biostatistics and Methodology Core
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Director, Psychiatry Biostatistics and Methodology Core
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Departments / Divisions
- Ph.D., Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (Maryland) (2007)
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, 2009, Geriatric Psychiatry and Neuropsychiatry
Research & Publications
My research involves the application of biostatistics to psychiatric research, both clinical and epidemiological. I am primarily interested in latent variable methods, including latent class analysis and growth mixture models which allow for the modeling of risk factors, treatment response, or outcomes as a function of latent class membership based on patterns of symptoms or shapes of trajectories over time.
- Leoutsakos JS, Han D, Mielke MM, Forrester S, Tschanz JT, Corcoran CD, Green RC, Norton MC, Welsh-Bohmer KA, Lyketsos CG. Effects of general medical health on alzheimer progression: the cache county dementia progression study. International Psychogeriatrics. In Press. [PMID: 22687143]
- Lee CT, Leoutsakos JS, Lyketsos CG, Steffens DC, Breitner JCS, Norton MC. Latent class-derived depression subgroups in a community sample of older adults: the cache county study. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. In Press. [PMID:22135008]
- MacLean KA, Leoutsakos JS, Johnson MW, Griffiths RR. Validation and factor analysis of a scale to measure mystical experience: a study of experiences occasioned by the hallucinogen psilocybin. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion. In Press.
- Leoutsakos JM, Muthen BO, Breitner JCS, Lyketsos CG. Effects of NSAID treatments on cognitive decline vary by phase of pre-clinical Alzheimer disease: Findings from the randomized controlled ADAPT trial. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 2012 Apr;27(4):364-74. [PMID: 21560159]
- Leoutsakos JS, Bandeen-Roche K, Garrett-Mayer E, Zandi PP. Incorporating scientific knowledge into phenotype development: penalized latent class regression. Statistics in Medicine 2011 Mar; 30(7):784-798. [PMID:21394753]