I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Kevin D. Frick, M.A., Ph.D.
Joint Appointment in Ophthalmology
Research Interests: Health Policy and Management International Health
- Joint Appointment in Ophthalmology
Departments / Divisions
Centers & Institutes
- B.S., Pennsylvania State University (Pennsylvania) (1991)
- M.A., University of Michigan (Michigan) (1994)
- Ph.D., University of Michigan (Michigan) (1996)
Research & Publications
He combines his knowledge of economic analysis with clinical and epidemiological insights from his colleagues to produce cost-effectiveness analyses that bring the tools of economic decision making to policy-makers. He has focused on community-based interventions such as the Baltimore City Healthy Start program, the Experience Corps volunteer program for older adults, and an intervention to increase breastfeeding duration among low income women. These often occur complete outside of a physician's office, but have the opportunity to have a substantial impact on health.
At present, his main focus is cost-effectiveness studies dealing with eye care and nursing. He has published several international cost-benefit and cost-effectiveness studies or framework papers on blinding trachoma, and is extending his work to include vision care services in the United States.
His newest venture, should he be able to obtain funding, is a plan to extend quality of life measurement methods.
- Wolff, J.L.; Giovannetti, E.R.; Boyd, C.M.; Reider, L.; Palmer, S.; Scharfstein, D.; Marsteller, J.; Wegener, S.T.; Frey, K.; Leff, B.; Frick, K.D.; Boult, C. Effects of guided care on family caregivers. Gerontologist. 2010 Aug;50(4):459-470.
- Tan, E.J.; Tanner, E.K.; Seeman, T.E.; Xue, Q.L.; Rebok, G.W.; Frick, K.D.; Carlson, M.C.; Wang, T.; Piferi, R.L.; McGill, S.; Whitfield, K.E.; Fried, L.P. Marketing public health through older adult volunteering: Experience Corps as a social marketing intervention. Am J Public Health. 2010 Apr;100(4):727-734.
- Snyder, C.F.; Frick, K.D.; Blackford, A.L.; Herbert, R.J.; Neville, B.A.; Carducci, M.A.; Earle, C.C. How does initial treatment choice affect short-term and long-term costs for clinically localized prostate cancer? Cancer. 2010 Dec 1;116(23):5391-5399.
- Pugh, L.C.; Serwint, J.R.; Frick, K.D.; Nanda, J.P.; Sharps, P.W.; Spatz, D.L.; Milligan, R.A. A randomized controlled community-based trial to improve breastfeeding rates among urban low-income mothers. Acad Pediatr. 2010 Jan-Feb;10(1):14-20.
- Gaur, S.K.; Frick, K.D.; Dandolu, V. A cost-effectiveness analysis of rapid yeast detection kits. Womens Health Issues. 2010 Jan-Feb;20(1):75-79.
- Casagrande, S.S.; Jerome, G.J.; Dalcin, A.T.; Dickerson, F.B.; Anderson, C.A.; Appel, L.J.; Charleston, J.; Crum, R.M.; Young, D.R.; Guallar, E.; Frick, K.D.; Goldberg, R.W.; Oefinger, M.; Gennusa, J.V., 3rd; Campbell, L.M.; Finkelstein, J.; Fred-Omojole, O.; Wang, N.Y.; Daumit, G.L. Randomized trial of achieving healthy lifestyles in psychiatric rehabilitation: the ACHIEVE trial. BMC Psychiatry. 2010 Dec 13;10(1):108.
- Snyder, C.F.; Frick, K.D.; Peairs, K.S.; Kantsiper, M.E.; Herbert, R.J.; Blackford, A.L.; Wolff, A.C.; Earle, C.C. Comparing care for breast cancer survivors to non-cancer controls: a five-year longitudinal study. J Gen Intern Med. 2009 Apr;24(4):469-474.
- Snyder, C.F.; Frick, K.D.; Kantsiper, M.E.; Peairs, K.S.; Herbert, R.J.; Blackford, A.L.; Wolff, A.C.; Earle, C.C. Prevention, screening, and surveillance care for breast cancer survivors compared with controls: changes from 1998 to 2002. J Clin Oncol. 2009 Mar 1;27(7):1054-1061.
Contact for Research Inquiries