I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Victor Chen, M.D.
Po-Hung Chen, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Mandarin, Taiwanese
Expertise: Acute or Chronic Viral Hepatitis, Cirrhosis, Clinical Gastroenterology, Fatty Liver, Gastroenterology, Hemochromatosis, Hepatocellular Cancer, Hepatology, Jaundice, Liver Cancer, Liver Disease, Liver Mass, Liver Test Abnormalities, Liver Transplant, Liver Transplant Evaluation, Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease ...read more
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Avenue
GI Clinic, A Building, 5th floor
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Chen specializes in general hepatology and liver services, including care of the liver transplant patient. He also has research interests in epidemiology and outcomes of liver diseases and transplantation.
Board-certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology, Dr. Chen has been invited to speak at numerous liver disease presentations.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MD, Emory University School of Medicine (2007)
- Duke University School of Medicine / Internal Medicine (2010)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Gastroenterology and Hepatology (2013)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Transplant Hepatology (2015)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Gastroenterology (2015)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2010)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Transplant Hepatology (2016)
Research & Publications
Academic Affiliations & Courses
Courses and Syllabi
Mind and Brain
Activities & Honors
- Clinical Vignette Award, American College of Gastroenterology/AstraZeneca, 2011 - 2011
- Presidential Poster Award, American College of Gastroenterology, 2011 - 2011
- Grand Prize, Board Review Question of the Week, American College of Gastroenterology, 2012 - 2013
- Faculty Teaching Award, Johns Hopkins Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, 2014 - 2014
- American College of Gastroenterology, 2011
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, 2012
Videos & Media
Lectures and Presentations
Fully covered self-expandable metallic stents for liver transplant-related biliary complications
Speaker, Digestive Disease Week, Orlando, Florida (05/01/2013)
Effects of chronic hepatitis C on pregnancy and perinatal outcomes
Speaker, The Liver Meeting 2013, Washington, DC (11/01/2013)
Role of liver transplantation for alcoholic hepatitis: Should patients with acute alcoholic hepatitis be denied liver transplantation outright?
Speaker, Digestive Disease Week, Washington, DC (05/01/2015)